Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The whole california ban trial...

Now I find it hilarious that they are still trying to tell us what we can and can't play on our collective PS3's and Wii's. Now it is also rather irritating that I could potentially be arrested for owning Grand Theft Auto, or Manhunt. Especially since "the governator", who was in some of the most violent movies EVER, is backing this entire movement. You can imagine that I am rather PISSED OFF.


The whole root of the problem is bad parenting really. Parents who offer no help in making a child differentiate VIRTUAL from REALITY, obviously have no business having children. Following that there are "mentally challenged" people, who play the game and something clicks in their brain, telling the poor dumb bastard that killing people is allright. The final bit, stems from the first bit. Kids who use "grand theft auto taught me that" as an excuse for committing a crime. Again this stems from bad parenting.

Now i'm not saying that videogames don't have practical applications....
Gran Turismo 4 and 5 both essentially taught me how to drive, or atleast, gave me a good enough handle on the wheel that I am a rather astute driver

Rockband 2, essentially taught me how to drum. well more like it gave me a head start on the instrument so when i picked up the sticks i wasnt totally lost behind the kit

back to the topic at hand...

In order to make a stronger case, the groups against videogames, threw up footage of Postal 2.... which is an ultraviolent, bloody, gorey, offensive game, that will make a horrible statement. It is honestly a step backwards in america's collective intelligence. I mean it really sucks that as a gamer, I may have to step up as a politician, merely to protect my ability to play games....

Really, when you have a violent kid who has never played video games, then introduce video games, then he does something drastic... what do you blame? you blame the parents for allowing it to happen.



I'm so DAMNED SICK OF ALL OF THIS!!! Honestly this whole case sickens me.... but thankfully within the next 24 hours it will all be over..... if it really goes against my own ability to game.... then i guess i will just have to go postal too(see what i did there?.... no? oh.... well.... go back and read the blog again and maybe you'll see it)

No comments:

Post a Comment