Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Music, traffic, more music, and..... ponies?(oh, and a little doctor who)

As I sit here sweating my ass off I may as well do a quick blog just to unclog the old brain's gutters...(what?). Anywho, this is just an update, a rant, and something that vexes me a fair amount. NOW! Without further ado...

Starting things off:

That picture to the left is what's called an Electribe, by korg. Essentially it is an all in one workstation/ synth for making epic electronic/house/ drum and bass/ dubstep/ hardstyle music. There are 2 variations of the electribe, the E-MX1SD(pictured) and the E-SX1SD, each sporting their own different functions. The E-MX is a synth station sort of set up with various drum and synth sounds pre packaged, all you have to do is play the note :D. The E-SX is sample oriented, using pre-recorded samples to mix together a tune. Each one has it's particular advantages over the other. The E-SX's advantage is accessibility, and the E-MX's advantage is versatility.

Each one actually has a set of 2 vacuum tubes, which allow for a warmer, or more violent tone(based on what you are working on). As well as a ribbon slider/ arpegiator, allowing for more expressive control over the song you may be playing. For me, the price is a pretty big selling point... at only 500 DOLLARS through musicians friend.... man I want one!

TRAFFIC:

to say it sucks would be rather irrelevent, so i'll share a picture instead...


enjoy failed semi limbo...










Allrighty, final matter of business on this post...

I'm a little scared that my little pony attracts adult males.... 
* drum roll* my little pony: friendship is magic:

( i mention a fan site in here.... just in case you are curious, here is the link  Click here to go to Equestria Daily

Someone is probably laughing at me for including this in my blog. To that I say.... IT'S MY BLOG SO FUCK OFF! Anywho, I've been seeing a disturbing amount of grown men on the internet talking about My Little Pony. Specifically they have been talking about the new television series.

So, this is what I understand. It is a kids show, the basic premise seeming more marketable towards girls, but the writing and subject matter of said show seems to have something going on that has EVERYONE watching it.  Having not actually watched it myself I don't know what all the hype is really, but seeing as their is a fan site, run by a grown man, which in only around 6 months of operation has recieved over FIVE MILLION HITS.... there is definitely something going on.

Oh wait, i know what's going on.... (even without having watched any of it) Writing. The show is centered around children of the 5- 10 range, but the writing is apparently not so overly childish that it immediately alienates all other viewers... something modern cartoons could learn from. Other than that i can say I know nothing else about the series except it is extremely popular among MANY of the people i chat with online. As for whether or not I will ever watch it to pass actual judgement on it, that's up in the air, i'm too busy catching up on various anime and classic cartoons....

oh yes, and doctor who....


 That's right, I watch doctor who, it's awesome, the end.

(seriously though, the 11th doctor, fuckin awesome. Matt Smith makes  it that much more entertaining.)








 This is naithan, wearing a fez, and saving history with a mop, a screwdriver, and a REALLY BIG BANG.(doctor who spoiler)

No comments:

Post a Comment