Wednesday, February 6, 2013

People at their best, Idiocy at it's worst.

Just an example of what i'm complaining about....
I've complained about "Social Media Activism" before. What I call "Social Media Activism" is all sorts of "like 4 jesus, pass for satan" (or related) bullshit.... IT ANNOYS THE HELL OUT OF ME... I can't go on Facebook without seeing this shit and it drives me up a wall. It seems to be a way of "Spreading awareness" with as little effort as possible. IT DOESN'T WORK THOUGH, and i'll tell you why...

Simply put, Just sharing pictures about tragedies, diseases, etc. doesn't do anything to fix the problem. No... you just shared a fucking picture. Hell, I have some facebook friends who do this shit all the time, and I'll tell ya, I've been really tempted to just say "AND WHAT DID YOU DO TO FIX THE PROBLEM?" People are much too sensitive now though, I'd probably earn an enemy or two if I did do that(though, fuck them.) Truth be told, in some cases, such "activism" is a good thing... mainly when someone is PHYSICALLY incapable of doing anything to fix it.

The meat and potatoes of the issue lies in those that use it as their "good karma." Let me tell ya, just telling others about the problem won't fix it. In fact, just telling others, might just get them to tell others which gets the others to tell even more others, essentially perpetuating a complete Möbius strip ( google it, it's a real thing.) This social media activism thing is pretty much what got that "KONY 2012" bullshit up and rollin'. Kinda funny isn't it? Didn't the guy that started that shit get arrested for having a public wank? (Hold on, I'm dieing of laughter over here.) And ya know... If people actually got off their asses instead of just posting arbitrary status updates on facebook... I'm fairly sure we'd have a few less problems in the world...

Long story short.... Social media activism is bullshit... Go plant a fuckin tree or something....

later fuckwads

No comments:

Post a Comment